|An excerpt from|
The Road To Happiness
by Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher
|A thankful spirit is a healthy spirit. As the twists and turns of life lead to feelings of being out of control, sometimes our attitude is all that we have control over...the following reflection may help you develop a thankful attitude. Sometimes life is all about how we look at it!|
I am thankful for...
• the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
• the taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
• a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
• my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
• the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
• all of the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
• my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
• the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
• the alarm that goes off early in the morning hours because it means that I am alive.
• the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
• weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.